Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Baseball

The end of September/beginning of October starts the new season of baseball: Playoff baseball. But with playoff baseball also comes the end to the regular season and the "regular" teams (re: Mets). This is a great time to go to Met games as the ballpark is half empty (except Nate, myself and also Jesse Eisenberg and Kenny Albert). Tickets are also very cheap. Lower level seats start at 12 bucks, yes please! With my hometown team, the Washington Nationals, in town the second to last week of the season I went to a bunch of games.

To add a little more excitement to these games, Nate and I try to catch as many baseballs as possible. This is what poor people do for excitement so give me a break! It sounds really dorky but honestly it gets addictive. By the last game of the season Nate and I, gloves in hand, were sitting in the right field about an hour before first pitch. I wasn't expecting any good action but next thing I knew a ball was coming right at me. Literally, if I didn't move (which I did) it would have hit me square in the face. Well, I didn't trust my glove or my athletic ability so I ran out of the way, maybe even a little squeal came out, I'm not exact sure, it all happened so quickly. Seconds later everyone was clapping around us. Nate caught the freaking ball! I'll give him credit it was a great catch but why the hell do I have a glove if I'm not going to use it!?!! I guess my thoughts of becoming a professional baseball player is now completely gone. Doesn't matter really; "Hey, I'm Retired at 29!"

No comments:

Post a Comment