Friday, July 8, 2011

Women Soccer is Bad

The summer time is weird for sports. Baseball is in its midseason lull and the other big three American sports (hockey, football and basketball) are in their offseason. This is the time for the golf tournaments, tennis matches and now soccer to start up. Few things I want to say about soccer. First off, please call it what it is, SOCCER, not football. We live in America so please abide by American rules. Secondly, soccer players are the most flamboyant athletes known to man. When they score a goal, they run across the whole field away from their OWN players celebrating chasing their tails. They look like chickens with their heads cut off. C'mon, pretend like you've been there before. Thirdly, what's this obsession with this Women's World Cup? The only female sport I would ever pay money for, let alone watch on TV, is tennis. Thats it. End of discussion.

So with the Women's World Cup under way, it literally airs all day on every ESPN channel. I have restored to watch Yankee encore as my mid-day sports fix. The thing that gets me the most heated about women's soccer is the 1999 Brandi Chastain moment. ESPN pretty much references back to that during every match. Thats sad when you have market something that happened 12 years ago! Also, does anyone even know who the US beat that day? Did anyone actually watch that game or just watched the highlights afterwards? Come on people, I'm just trying to be real with you.

Maybe I'll go back to the soaps instead of Yankee encore. Thats pretty bad, especially since I watch the Yankee games live the night before. The trials and tribulations of retirement...."Hey, I'm Retired at 28!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment