Monday, November 21, 2011

Crooklyn We Go Hard

I've gotten a lot of flack from my fan base in DC regarding my knocks on our lovely sleepy southern town. As I'm venturing down there for Thanksgiving I want to clear the air that DC is not NYC Jr. its just more like Brooklyn. And people that know me, know that's actually a huge compliment. Not as much restaurant-wise, but geographically they are very similar. I lived in DC for 18 years, through the summers in college and now living in New York I go home an average of four times a year and I honestly can say I probably have only been to 20 percent of the city. And I think even if I lived there permanently, it would be the same percentage. DC has very nice areas and nice up and coming areas, but truthfully the rest of the town you don't want to hang in. DC is actually a big town, but when you only venture to specific parts that's when its seems tiny.
Brooklyn is the same way. If you look at a subway map, Brooklyn is huge (not as humongous at Queens) but its still pretty freaking big. Again, very nice areas but also a lot of crap areas. I actually love Brooklyn and go there a few times a week to restaurants (new blog on that scene coming soon) and also to liquor stores (don't ask) and I feel like I'm as knowledgable of that borough as Brooklynites are. But again tell me the last time you've been to New Lots or Brownville because I have and its not nice. Trust me.
People that want to prove me wrong, let's meet down on Patterson Street, NE this weekend. Where? Exactly...

No comments:

Post a Comment